LG is a platform for visual artists who seek to communicate their artistic creations to the public and thus be an active participant in Icelandic contemporary art. We emphasize on visual art in all media and forms and want to create a conversation between Icelandic and foreign artists with the public and art lovers. Our aim is to be an attraction for the art- and culturelife for Hafnarfjordur by holding regular exhibition events. The space is run on a non-profit basis.
LG is an artist-oriented space and platform that gives artists the opportunity to exhibit their work and open up a dialogue with the public in an exciting and progressive space. The idea of "artist-oriented space" means a valuable support and promotion for the artist for a mild exhibition fee of 45,000 ISK(Thursday-Sunday). The exhibition fee goes towards meeting the operating costs of the space. Included support and promotion are listed here below.
- curating and Installation assistance
- Design of graphic layout and promotional material
- FB event, event for town Hafnarfjordur and SÍM if applicable
- Event on Reykjavík Grapevine web and printed newspaper
- Promotion on LG Instagram during exhibition
- Exhibiton promotion on LG website and LG FB site.
- Installation and printing of A4 exhibition overview
- Invitation card sent to LG's guest list
- In the case of a sales exhibition, the sale goes through the artist and no sales commission is taken
Location of space
The space as an interesting and progressive option for exhibitions. We believe that Hafnarfjörður can create a unique position in the field of Icelandic contemporary art and our vision is that Hafnarfjörður will be a sought-after destination for artists and art lovers in the coming years. Through artistic initiative, we place our weight on the scales to make this vision a reality and at the same time take part in creating cultural value.
Gallery director: Elvar Gunnarsson